Friday, April 2, 2010

I am off to Nairobi

Just a short introduction and more to come when I am on my way tomorrow...

This trip starts with anticipation and excitement, with none of the fear I had when leaving last year for my sabbatical. I only wish I felt better and did not have a terrible head cold. I am sure my seat mates for the 22 hour flight will not be very happy with me. I am hopeful that my self medicating will knock me out for most of it.

I will miss Easter this year due to flights and the time change so I ask that you remember me in your prayers on Easter Sunday.

I will attend the International Microcredit Summit at the Kenyatta International Conference Center and visit the wonderful people I met from Jami Bora last year. I am fortunate to be part of a group from the Whole Planet Foundation who will also attend so I will not be on my own most of the time.

I have one day for fun and plan to visit the Elephant and Giraffe sanctuaries outside of Nairobi on Tuesday. I wish Betsy and Luanne could join me for many reasons but they are also much better photographers than I am so the pics I will add to the blog will not be as fantastic as many form our safari and time in Rwanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment