Friday, April 9, 2010

An Amazing Day



Each day I am amazed by the quality of the speakers and the timeliness of the topics. As a business person, today had the most interesting and engaging sessions for me. The highlight of my day was meeting Professor Yunus and Professor Latiffee of the Grameen Trust. I had the opportunity to discuss Seventh Generation and why we are a Social Business and partner with Whole Planet Foundation. I also met Hans Reitz, the CEO for the Grameen Creative Lab. Hans is someone I think Jeffrey would enjoy meeting and discussing how to tie into his global network of Social Businesses. Another fascinating speaker was the Founder of Bamboo Finance/Blue Orchard Fund from Switzerland talking about financing social business for profit. The passion they all expressed was contagious.

I attended a session that tug on my heart more than others on “Microfinance in Conflict and Disaster areas.” The speakers from Afghanistan and Occupied Palestine told their stories and managed to leave me with hope. The final session ended at 8:00PM (a very long day) with speakers talking about best practices and included Philip Sansone the President of the Whole Planet Foundation.

We took a little side trip into Nairobi Center to pick up Chicken and Chips for dinner and met the best taxi driver. Peter reminded me of Eric, our safari guide on my last trip. He will take us on a few adventures in the coming days. Tomorrow is another busy day because we will tour Kibera (largest slum in Africa).

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a safe flight back home,Joy,Geenie andJewel were left behind for a while but they were well taken care of.glad also to see that you appriciated my services.Should you come back in future or your pals please contact me on
    tel;+254720266689 OR email kyalopeter68@gmail.com.
    Im peter your loyal taxi driver

    ReplyDelete