Friday, April 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I got home late Thursday night after 38 hours of travelling; I was on the last flight out of Brussels due to the volcano eruption in Iceland. I do not think the Whole Planet people made it home because they left a day after me and were going through Amsterdam. After less than 24 yours in Capitola, I fondly remember all of my experiences in Kenya but am now back to 24/7 Seventh Generation. Emails, conference calls, reports, analysis, catch-up with the Natural Specialty Team and brokers etc. now dominate my life.

At this point there is little integration between my passion and my work; luckily I work for a company I believe in that does good things. I look forward to when I can mesh both and maintain the excitement and pleasure I experienced throughout the trip to Kenya. Lots of decisions to make about how and where to spend my time after my commitment to SVG is up at the end of 2011. I will take time later this year to develop a plan that provides the balance and purpose I want for the rest of my life. I am so jealous of people that have that now!

Stay tuned to where and how I will live during the next phase of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment