Thursday, July 16, 2009

Something Different...Basketball Camp



I told Chad I would watch his camp for 6-12 year olds this morning and it was well worth it. There were over 40 kids of varying ages, abilities, and English skills. It is a good thing he could whistle and point! The kids thought I was his Mom who came to take pictures of their session; I really wanted to bring a few of the younger one home with me.

Chad has been doing this for three weeks and started with 4 kids so through word of mouth, the program have grown every day. All of the kids were enthusiastic and wanted to please COACH. The program ends tomorrow but the kids want it to continue. The problem is the gym will be used next week for sitdown volleyball (for amputees) and there are very few gyms in the country.

As part of Chad’s project, he has set-up a Non-Profit called One Court to build Basketball courts throughout Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment