Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I could live in Cape Town...

It is an amazing city. I did the Red Bus tour this AM and then spent the afternoon going back to interesting places ending up on the beach for a “sundowner”. The beaches are beautiful and the water is warmer in the winter than summer due to the Southeast winds. Its natural beauty makes it breathtaking from every angle plus it is very clean and easy to maneuver. If Dutchgirl travels this way sometime, she will be able to pronounce all the street names!

I hiked up Table Mountain and took the funicular down, walked all over the city center, the Company Gardens and in between went to a wine bar for lunch. It was written up in Food & Wine magazine and I wish John could have joined me because they are reported to have the best sushi in the city. Of course I did not go for the sushi but tasted four great reds and two whites. It is a good thing you can buy a one ounce taste.

After a brief rest and clothes change, I went to dinner at another fabulous restaurant. I met some people from New York; we all tasted a few more wines and told stories of our African Adventures.

I had to make a decision if I wanted to visit Robben Island or drive down to Cape Point and then to Wine Country before leaving for Kigali and Cape Point won. This has been a perfect interlude and I know I will come back to Cape Town again.

Here are a few of the better photos of my day...




No comments:

Post a Comment