Thursday, June 11, 2009

Working and cooking at my new house




It is so nice to come home to my new house! We have all been congregating at my Dining Room table completing the Project Akilah Prospectus. Having the internet all day has helped us research many of the topics we needed to address in the document.
We also had very good news today…our International NGO status came through and the MOU for the land in Bugesera will be signed tomorrow. We are getting closer to starting the renovations on the school.

Chad and I will spend some time as volunteers for the Rwanda Film Festival. The first week is called “Hillywood” because they take documentary films out to the villages and show then at dusk on a large inflatable screen on the side of a hill. Many of the films have been made by local film makers and address issues they are passionate about. I will be able to meet “Number One” (what some people call President Kagame) at the opening ceremony.

I have included a photo of the bounty from my trip to the market and will be able to cook in my small kitchen with all organic produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment